Welcome to the official website of the Consular Department of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Russian Federation. Here you can get an electronic visa to visit the free port of Vladivostok.
Please read the following information carefully before you begin to fill in an e-visa application form.
E-visa characteristics of and conditions for issuing an e-visa
- Only citizens of the following countries can obtain an e-visa, the list of which is set out by the Government of the Russian Federation:
- The People's Republic of China
- The Democratic People's Republic of Korea
- The United Arab Emirates
- Saudi Arabia
- An e-visa is free. Invitations, hotel booking confirmations or any other documents that confirm the purpose of your journey to the Russian Federation are not required for an e-visa. The time period for issuing an e-visa is no longer than 4 calendar days from the date of submission of the complete application.
- An e-visa is valid for entry into and exit from the Russian Federation only through the following State border crossing points of the Russian Federation located in the territory of the free port of Vladivostok:
- The Vladivostok air checkpoint (Knevichy);
- The Vladivostok maritime checkpoint.
- E-visa is a single-entry visa and issued for 30 calendar days from the date of its issuance. The permitted stay in the Russian Federation with an e-visa is up to 8 days starting from the date of entry, within its validity period. E-visa validity and/or the permitted stay under it cannot be extended.
- E-visas can be of the following categories only: ordinary business visa (purpose of journey is business), ordinary tourist visa (purpose of journey is tourism), and ordinary humanitarian visa (purposes of journey are sports, cultural, scientific and technological ties). If the purpose of your journey to the Russian Federation does not correspond to any of the above, you should apply for a traditional (non electronic) visa at a diplomatic mission or consular office of the Russian Federation.
- Foreign citizens who have arrived to the Russian Federation with e-visas have the right to freedom of movement within the territory of the constituent entity of the Russian Federation which they entered, with the exception of territories, organizations and facilities, to enter which a special permission is required in accordance with federal laws of the Russian Federation.
Foreign citizens should leave the territory of the Russian Federation only through checkpoints of the constituent entity of the Russian Federation which they entered.
- You can fill in an application form for an e-visa on this website not earlier than 20 days and no later than 4 days before the intended date of entry into the Russian Federation.
- Your passport must be valid for at least 6 months from the date you applied for an e-visa. Your passport must have free space for border crossing stamps.
- Foreign citizens who have arrived to the Russian Federation with e-visas are required to have a medical insurance valid in the Russian Federation's territory for the entire period of stay.
- If you have a valid Russian visa, you are not required to apply for an e-visa to visit the free port of Vladivostok. You can visit it with a traditional visa within its term without restrictions provided for an e-visa. A traditional visa cannot be renewed by obtaining an e-visa.
- Before you apply for an e-visa you are required to agree to the automatic processing, transfer and storage of data provided in your application for the purpose of the e-visa issuance.
- The information given in your application must be complete and accurate. Any incorrect information, including passport details, may result in refusal of a visa or cancellation of a visa previously issued at the State border crossing points of the Russian Federation.
The application process for issuing an e-visa to visit the free port of Vladivostok
- Surname and given name(s) of the applicant are required. If the applicant does not have a surname or a first name(s) the e-visa application cannot be accepted for processing. In this case it is necessary to apply for a traditional (non-electronic) visa at a diplomatic mission or consular office of the Russian Federation.
- Day, month and year of the applicant's date of birth must be all known. If the date of birth of the applicant is unknown or partially unknown, the e-visa application cannot be accepted for processing. In this case it is necessary to apply for a traditional (non-electronic) visa at a diplomatic mission or consular office of the Russian Federation.
- If the applicant is assumed to be accompanied by minors who are included in his/her passport, an individual e-visa application form must be submitted for each child. All the minors who accompany their parents must have an individual e-visa.
Before you fill in your application form, make sure you have the following:
- Software for PDF files viewing and printing. Adobe Acrobat Reader is recommended.
- Your valid national passport.
Choose the tips language from the relevant drop-down list. Tips will clarify the meaning of the questions you need to answer. If you have chosen Russian as the tips language all answers to the questions in the application must be entered only in Russian, with the exception of surnames, given names, addresses and names of institutions that are required to be entered in English. If you have chosen English all your answers must be only in English with the use of the Latin alphabet characters. If characters of the national alphabets (such as Ñ, É, Ü or Ç) are used in the names it is necessary to indicate the transliterated meanings that are presented in the first machine-readable line of your passport when filling in the relevant fields of the application form. For example, if the names in the visual area of the passport are "Séo Türre" then you are required to use names from the machine-readable line "Seo Tuerre" when filling in the application form.
- Confirm that you agree to the automatic processing, transfer and storage of data provided in your application for e-visa purposes.
- To start a new application, click the "Proceed to Fill in the Application" button.
- To continue filling in, edit, review or print the completed application choose the "Retrieve application" menu item.
- Enter the password and confirm it.
- Write down or print the Application ID displayed in the top right corner of the page. It will be required to continue your application if the session has been disconnected. To save your draft application, click the "Save the Draft" button. Your e-visa application form will be available within 30 days since its last save.
- Proceed to fill in the fields of the application. Follow the tips on each page of the application. Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required. If you have made any errors while filling in the form or have not filled in the required fields, they will be highlighted and a message will appear under them indicating the error you need to fix.
Upload your digital color photo in the JPEG format. The photo must meet the following requirements.
- The photo must be no more than six months old as of the date of the application and reflect your current appearance. The photo must show you alone. No foreign objects (chair back, pictures on the walls, etc.) or other people must be visible in the photo.
- The photo must be taken in full-face view. The head must not be tilted or turned. You must look directly at the camera with a neutral expression, your mouth closed, eyes open and clearly visible. No hair across your eyes.
- The photo must be taken with uniform lighting and not show shadows, flash reflections on your face and no red eyes.
- The photo must be taken with a plain light-colored background with no shadows.
- Applicants whose religious beliefs prohibit them to be seen with their heads uncovered are allowed to wear a head covering that does not conceal facial features in the photo. In this case, please make sure that your face is clearly visible from the bottom of the chin to the top of the forehead.
- If you wear glasses, your eyes must be clearly visible in the photo. Flash reflection off the lenses, as well as tinted lenses are not allowed (if possible, avoid heavy frames – wear lighter framed glasses, if you have them). Make sure that the frames do not cover your eyes (even partly).
- The photo must show the top of your head and the top of your shoulders. Your head must be in the center of the photo and be fully shown from the top of the hairline or the crown of the head to the tip of the chin. The nose must be on the symmetry line. The face must take up 70-80 percent of the photo.
- The photo must have no frames.
- The photo must be rectangular (with the 3x4 aspect ratio). Minimum allowable size is 450x600 pixels. Maximum allowable size is 900x1200 pixels.
- The JPEG file size must be 20-35 kilobytes.
- The color scheme must be neutral. The colors must show the natural skin tone. The image must be clear, well defined and in focus.
- Click the button sending the application and wait for the confirmation of its acceptance for processing.
After sending your application:
You have to track your application status on this website only. After your application is registered, its status will change to "Application being processed". Once a decision is made concerning your application, its status will be one of the following: "Visa granted" or "Visa refused", and you will need to download a PDF file with the notification of the result of your application examination.
In case of a positive decision about your e-visa, print the notification of the result of your application examination. If you do not have a printer, you will need to save the information indicated in the notification using any other means to be able to show it to a transport company representatives when boarding a vehicle' aircraft or a vessel and border guards during passport control at a border crossing point when entering the Free Port of Vladivostok.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Do not save the PDF file with the result of your application examination on the computer that can be accessed by those who have no permission to view or record your personal data. If you save the file to the hard drive of a public computer, for instance, in an Internet café or a library, other users may find and open it.
If you have not received a notification of e-visa grant or e-visa refusal within four days, you can apply for a visa as per standard procedure at a diplomatic mission or consular office of the Russian Federation.
ATTENTION! Notification of e-visa grant does not guarantee your entry into the Russian Federation. You can be denied entry at a border crossing point should the circumstances referred to in Federal Law No. 114 FZ "On the Procedure of Exit from the Russian Federation and Entry into the Russian Federation" of August 15, 1996 arise.